12 Best Artificial Plants for Green Space
12 BEST ARTIFICIAL PLANTS FOR GREEN SPACE
Everyone loves the look of nature indoors. It brings a refreshing and calm feeling to a room. However, if you are like some, you are not a green thumb. You are a black thumb! You could kill a cactus. No matter how hard you try, you can’t keep a plant alive. It doesn’t matter what type of knowledge you have about taking care of it. It is just not your thing!
Or maybe it is your thing. Maybe you are great at taking care of plants. But lets face it, everyone has busy schedules these days, and sometimes design or landscapes plants are just not a priority. That is why you hire the professionals!
In any case, if faux plants are the way to go then here are some tips for selecting the perfect ones for your next project. Premium Quality faux plants are a MUST when installing artificials. And that is when you should source Autograph Foliages. Interior Designers, Plantscape Specialists or Landscapers alike using artificial greenery know what criteria to look for when sourcing quality artificial foliage. The type of material, overall construction, and quality in colorants or paint, when these are good then you will then see more added realism instead of the fake, “plasticy” look.
1.Faux Fiddle Leaf Fig - Trending houseplant. Popular for it uses in any room, office or lobby. Real fiddle leaf figs are very finicky. However, this faux one is very easy to maintain. Gorgeous large leaf. Available in multiple trunk or single trunk style. Fiddle Leafs are available in Regular or FireSafe Foliage.
2. Faux Potted Hanging Plants - Hanging plants are gorgeous but they are difficult to water. This faux plant brings life to any room, without needing attention. Popular hanging plants include faux Pothos (or Devil’s Ivy), "faux Wandering Jew, faux Spider Plant, and trailing faux English Ivies. Artificial Ivies and pothos are available in couple lengths such as 24” or 36” long or 48” long.
3. Faux Olive Tree - The olive tree is becoming one of the most requested items in the interior design world. Olive foliage comes from the Mediterranean region, popularly grown in Europe as one of the oldest known foliage for trees, they are also grown in parts of the U.S. Artificial Olive Shrubs and Trees are widely used for Home decor or in Commercial Applications. Unique long silvery green leaves, these trees add a level of classic beauty to any interior or exterior landscape! We carry Olive Trees or Topiaries in 4’ to 10’ sizes and custom make Olive trees. Olive branches are available in Fire Retardant Material and Polyblend Outdoor Material.
4. Faux Ferns - Real ferns require a lot of attention. This faux plant is absolutely beautiful and requires no care. Faux ferns are a great filler with other plants. They are very leafy and green. The leaves are sometimes called Fronds like Palm fronds. Some leaves are jagged and pointy and others are curved and curly. There are all sorts of artificial ferns, but popular houseplant names include Boston Ferns, Birds Nest Fern, or Alsophilia Ferns, Asparagus Fern or Maidenhair fern. Artificial ferns are available in FireSafe or UV material.
5. Spathiphyllum or Peace Lily - An attractive tropical floor plant with white flowers and upturned petals. Leaves are elongated and green. Living Spaths typically grow about 3 feet tall. Artificial Spaths are popularly used blending with other tropical plants or stand alone with grouping of other Spaths.
6. Faux Boxwood Topiary - Imagine opening your door to perfectly shaped topiary trees. Only you won’t have to do any trimming! Artificial Boxwood Topiaries are available in different style leaves, English Boxwood or Traditional Boxwood. Faux Boxwood topiaries can be used Outdoors with our Limited UV or Polyblend material or Indoors. We have Double Ball, Triple Ball Boxwood or Single Ball in 10” to 42” Sizes.
7. Faux Succulent Plants - This cactus requires no maintenance at all. Trending in all areas, in households or commercial areas, such plants provide variety, color, and are very pleasing to the eye. Succulent Plants can be seen in Shopping Malls, Hospitals, Airports, or anywhere artificials are needed with minimal maintenance. Many of our succulents are now offered in UV or Fire Retardant. From faux Yucca Plants, Faux Aloe, Faux Snake Plants (artificial Sanseveria) or Faux Jade Plants. These beauties will never go out of style.
8. Faux Croton Plants - Known for its blended colorful leaves, are considered a flowering houseplant. Crotons aka Codiaeum variegatum are best used outdoors but artificial crotons bring an element of outdoors and brighten up any room indoors. Faux crotons are available in FireSafe material or Polyblend UV material so you can have the best of both worlds!
9. Faux Palm Tree - This artificial palm tree will let you feel like you are in Florida even if you are in the middle of a snowstorm. Small to medium size palm trees are perfect staples for creating a warm environment. Popular choices included Faux Areca Palms, Faux Kentia, or Faux Parlour Palms, or Lady Palms.
10. Faux Bird of Paradise Plants - Tropical plants are extremely temperamental. However, you will not have any issues with this faux Sterlitzia plant. Considered a houseplant, it has very exotic flowers and is also known as the Crane flower for its stature.
11. Faux Dieffenbachia - Real Dieffenbachia aka Dumb Cane, has a bad wrap from the general public. While some of the bad press may be somewhat true, real Dieffenbachia aka Dumb Canes are indeed poisonous. Not to kill a person or pet poisonous, but can be very unfortunate if eaten or ingested. So, to minimize risk, especially in a commercial environment where liability can be an issue, artificial Dieffenbachia aka Dumb Cane would be the safest choice!
12. Faux Rubber Plants - Unlike the other real plants, rubber plants don’t have a real counterpart, they are made of rubber... Wait, they aren’t! Real rubber plants are actually pretty low maintenance. Typically the ubiquitous fiddle leaf fig has dominated the indoor real plant in-house / commercial market. But it’s time for a change! With the large, deep green leaves of Faux Rubber Plants, you will want to reconsider making the Faux Rubber Plants an indoor part of your commercial or residential setting!
* Installations/Photos courtesy of Blondie’s Treehouse, NY